• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

due sales tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sales tax

What is the name of your state? FL

I closed my business in 2003. I reside in FL but have done seasonal sales in VA and MN during 2001, 2002 and 2003.

Do I still owe unpaid sales tax in FL, VA and MN after the business was closed? Is there a statute of limitations for sales tax in those states.

abezon

You owe sales taxes to any state where you made a sale & had a warehouse or permanent address. Were you in the other states or doing mail-order? You probably only owe FL on the FL sales. There's no statute of limitations until you actually file a FL sales tax return.

sales tax

Yes, I was in MN and VA, I also was in FL. The permamnet address was in FL. There was no warehouse just a temporary visit and some sales were made. The Sales taxes were not filed in any of these states. Am I still liable?

Could the tax deps from those states come and do an audit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">