• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

earned income tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I recently received a past due tax notice for 2001 earned income tax. They basically said they never received a completed EIT tax form with payment. I pay my taxes on time every year, so this was a surprise to me. I moved around the same time, so I can see how I may not have received the tax form in the mail, especially since I am having difficulty in finding my copy of the completed form and cancelled checks. I have lived in the same county for most of those 7 years and I am just now being notified of this missing form/payment. This past due bill has now accrued 7 years worth of interest and penalties, which I honestly can't afford. Is there any way to get this reduced, especially since nobody notified me of the missing tax form for 7 years and I was not aware of it? If so, what do I need to do? Or who do I need to speak with to try and get this lowered to an acceptable amount? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">