• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer buy out for couple

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richdee

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
My husband (70) and I (68) are getting a "buy out" from our former employer-(same employer for both) His amount will be over 100,000$ and my over $50,000. My question is how much will they be taking out of us for those checks and also at the end of 2005 how much will our taxes be when we file -and what can we do to save on these taxes. We do not own a home --but are thinking of buying--would that help? My husband is retired and I am still working--in the medical field.
Can anyone give us some advice?
Thanks

Snipes5

My advice would be to take your information to a tax professional in your area. We don't have enough information to give you accurate estimates and advice about your taxes.

A tax pro who looks at your paperwork should be able to advise you based on your projected income including your buyouts.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">