• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer has not paid tax for me!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poppy_07

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? United Kindom

I have worked for a company since April this year and have been receiving cash every week, i asked for wage slips on several occasions. I was recently laid off, and given all of 10 minutes notice, which in itself is wrong.
I worked 2 weeks in hand and have been told i am entitled to a weeks wage as notice. So am owed 3 weeks wages.
I have since been told by my employer i will not receive this money as my he is keeping it to pay taxes to the Inland Revenue etc. I am also aware that i am allowed to earn up to £4,000 before i have to pay taxes on my income as i am just turning 18 and this was my first full time job, so far i believe i have earnt £2,700 of that.
If these taxes have not been paid can i be in trouble over that too? and also how can i go about getting the money back that i worked for??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

poppy_07 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? United Kindom

I have worked for a company since April this year and have been receiving cash every week, i asked for wage slips on several occasions. I was recently laid off, and given all of 10 minutes notice, which in itself is wrong.
I worked 2 weeks in hand and have been told i am entitled to a weeks wage as notice. So am owed 3 weeks wages.
I have since been told by my employer i will not receive this money as my he is keeping it to pay taxes to the Inland Revenue etc. I am also aware that i am allowed to earn up to £4,000 before i have to pay taxes on my income as i am just turning 18 and this was my first full time job, so far i believe i have earnt £2,700 of that.
If these taxes have not been paid can i be in trouble over that too? and also how can i go about getting the money back that i worked for??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">