• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Question (for 2008 Taxes)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christy908

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My mother passed away July of 2008. As yet, her estate has not yet been closed. Because the estate is still open, will there be anything that my sister or I need to change when we file our taxes for 2008 since we have not inherited anything yet?

Maybe a simple question, but I want to make sure we file our taxes correctly.

Thank you in advance.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My mother passed away July of 2008. As yet, her estate has not yet been closed. Because the estate is still open, will there be anything that my sister or I need to change when we file our taxes for 2008 since we have not inherited anything yet?

Maybe a simple question, but I want to make sure we file our taxes correctly.

Thank you in advance.
Most likely there is not anything that you need to do differently on your taxes for 2008...assuming that nothing passed to you outside of the estate.

However, if either of you received a 1099 (in your name) for anything related to your inheritance, you will have to deal with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">