• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extension questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JayF

What is the name of your state? Georgia

okay long story short.

last year I filed for an extension on my taxes as i needed more time to compile receipts to deduct for a startup business.
I failed to submit my tax return before the October cut off date and have yet to do so ..
how do i go about filing THIS years taxes with last years still being unfilled?

need help in a hurry.. any help or advice is Super appreciated
thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Georgia

okay long story short.

last year I filed for an extension on my taxes as i needed more time to compile receipts to deduct for a startup business.
I failed to submit my tax return before the October cut off date and have yet to do so ..
how do i go about filing THIS years taxes with last years still being unfilled?

need help in a hurry.. any help or advice is Super appreciated
thanks
You need to get last years filed, asap.

JayF

well i know i need to get it filed asap..
but my question is, with the 2005 taxes not filed, am i able to file in now for 2006?
im pretty sure i was OWED in 2005.. but i have just been unsure if im able to file now for 2006 and also what penalties i may face as a result of not filing on time for 2005.. a deduction of me 2005 refund?
still need help please

LdiJ

well i know i need to get it filed asap..
but my question is, with the 2005 taxes not filed, am i able to file in now for 2006?
im pretty sure i was OWED in 2005.. but i have just been unsure if im able to file now for 2006 and also what penalties i may face as a result of not filing on time for 2005.. a deduction of me 2005 refund?
still need help please
Yes, you are able to file for 2006. However, if you don't at least file 2005 at the same time, you may experience a delay in getting your refund for 2006. Which is why you need to hurry up and file 2005.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">