• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Employee in CA, resident of NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acehigh1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
My wife and I live in NV. I work FT in NV, while my wife, employed by the US Defense Dept, works at the Naval Med Ctr in San Diego on a 7on/7off schedule, which is FT. When she travels to CA for her work week she stays in a house we originally lived in but have not sold b/c of the economy. Her weeks off she is back at our NV residence. Her address on file at DD shows our NV residence but CA fully taxes wages from her job located in CA. Can we file for a refund of any of the CA state taxes from 2009? Thx.

ShyCat

She physically works in CA, not NV, so there's no way CA is giving up those taxes. Her income is all CA income, so that is how it will be taxed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">