• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to file, or not to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluesmap

New York State

i have been unemployed for the entire year of 2009. i have no documentation of any investments or income earned this year. if i made more than $5,000 but i have no documentation to support the money i made do i need to file taxes?

i have nothing tied to my name except a cell phone bill. no rent, no utilities, no car payments, no mortgage and just recently opened a bank account. i would like to file taxes for the sake of doing the right thing, but not sure if this is what i should be doing.

anyone offer advice

LdiJ

New York State

i have been unemployed for the entire year of 2009. i have no documentation of any investments or income earned this year. if i made more than $5,000 but i have no documentation to support the money i made do i need to file taxes?

i have nothing tied to my name except a cell phone bill. no rent, no utilities, no car payments, no mortgage and just recently opened a bank account. i would like to file taxes for the sake of doing the right thing, but not sure if this is what i should be doing.

anyone offer advice
Legally, you should file a tax return if you had self employment income in excess of $400.00.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">