• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filed taxes with turbo tax but couldnt send state taxes electronically?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbanderson

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I filled my taxes with Turbotax and was wondering what I need to do about my state taxes? This is the first time I have done it myself so im really clueless on all this.
Do I even have to file state taxes?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I filled my taxes with Turbotax and was wondering what I need to do about my state taxes? This is the first time I have done it myself so im really clueless on all this.
Do I even have to file state taxes?
You could have filed your state taxes using Turbotax as well, you just would have had to pay an additional amount. However, if you have already filed, its too late to do that.

If TN has state income tax, then YES, you have to file.

It looks like you can file online here:

https://www.tennesseeanytime.org/etax/

TinkerBelleLuvr

Seven states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. Two others, New Hampshire and Tennessee, tax only dividend and interest income.

OP - you needed to have purchased the TN tax software too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">