• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing quarterly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seanscott

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was declared disabled by Social Security in December and have not been able to work. I have cancer and doubt if I will ever be able to work again. My wife has taken a leave of absence from her job to take care of me.
After filing our 2010 taxes I was notified that I now have to file quarterly. In my family there is myself, my wife, and a 13-year old son.
Through March of 2011 we will have income of about $4,000 plus disability payments of $5,400. I believe this is below the limit for filing quarterly.
Should I file taxes quarterly or should I just wait until the end of the year and file as usual. We are such low income that we always get all our taxes back that we have paid in.
I have no idea what filing quarterly entails and thank you for any help you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">