• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing SSA-1099 for Children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

selah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My children receive benefits due to my husband being disabled. They take out taxes on their money, which I just found out that they don't have to do that. I need to know what form to use to file for them and is this something that I can do online? Both of them are minors and do not have any other income in addition to their benefits.

Thank you.

tranquility

Be sure to file tax returns to get the withholding back.

To change the withholding:
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/206/~/withholding-federal-taxes-from-my-social-security-check

selah

I filed it last year, I just don't remember what form I used. It wasn't the EZ because there is no line for SS benefits. It wasn't the 1040 either. I can't find my last years taxes to see what that form was.

LdiJ

I filed it last year, I just don't remember what form I used. It wasn't the EZ because there is no line for SS benefits. It wasn't the 1040 either. I can't find my last years taxes to see what that form was.
It was a 1040A

tranquility

Go to the post office and get or go to the irs website and download the form(s) required and mail them in.

There are also some online services to file your taxes. The trick is that they usually charge for the state return. Since you don't need one, you're golden.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">