• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding out if my ex filed a return?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

festy

What is the name of your state? wi
My ex is 18k behind in child support and he finally held a job for a complete year. Problem being, he quit this past April and I do not know if he even managed to file. Seeing as his return is sent to me because of his negligence, is there anyway, or anyone I can call to see if he filed? I have his ss#, but he has disappeared from the face of the earth and I have a suspicion that he just blew off his tax filing.
Thanks.

abezon

Your state's support enforcement agency should have a levy on his refund & might garnish his wages if he gets another job. You cannot find out if he filed.

Dandy Don

Let your state support enforcement agency know about this. THEY, as a government agency, have contacts with the state tax and federal tax agencies, and THEY can check to see if he has filed.

abezon

No one can find out if he filed, not even the FBI. The only way you can know if he filed is if the state enforcement agency put a lien on his refund & you got money from it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">