• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgot to attach W2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state? New York

I e-filed my 2005 federal tax return and the IRS accepted it last week.

I then filled out my state tax return and mailed it a couple of days ago. (to save $25 e-file charge)

It just occurred to me that I forgot to attach my W2 to the state return and it's in the mail or already been received.

What do I do now??

LdiJ

Bali Hai said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I e-filed my 2005 federal tax return and the IRS accepted it last week.

I then filled out my state tax return and mailed it a couple of days ago. (to save $25 e-file charge)

It just occurred to me that I forgot to attach my W2 to the state return and it's in the mail or already been received.

What do I do now??
You wait until the state asks you for the W2 and then send it to them with a copy of their request.

I know that seems wrong.....but if you send it now, its likely to end up in never never land.

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
You wait until the state asks you for the W2 and then send it to them with a copy of their request.

I know that seems wrong.....but if you send it now, its likely to end up in never never land.

Thanks Mom :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">