• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 1098T

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llg871

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Georgia

My husband and I file jointly and claim our daughter, who is in college, as a dependent. However this year we were unable to use the information on her 1098T form because we made more than $160,000.

Our daughter did not work in 2008 therefore she did not receive a W2. All she received was a form 1098T. Can she do taxes and report the information on the 1098T even if we are claiming her as a dependant but could not use the Form 1098T information.

davew128

Exactly what tax benefit is someone who didn't work (and I'm guessing has no income whatsoever) going to get from utilizing the information from a 1098-T?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Georgia

My husband and I file jointly and claim our daughter, who is in college, as a dependent. However this year we were unable to use the information on her 1098T form because we made more than $160,000.

Our daughter did not work in 2008 therefore she did not receive a W2. All she received was a form 1098T. Can she do taxes and report the information on the 1098T even if we are claiming her as a dependant but could not use the Form 1098T information.
No, because it would be of absolutely no benefit to her to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">