• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 1099 MISC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzerene

Hello. I reside in Texas. I run my own direct sales business. Last Year (for tax year 2003), I recieved a 1099. This year I have not. What is the minimum dollar amount you have to be paid to receive a 1099?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

suzerene

Thank you for your response. I did not get more than $600. I am using turbo tax and I cannot figure out where to put in the income I did get. When it asks me if I received a form 1099MISC, I said no. Should I just say yes and enter the income?

Thanks again! :)

Snipes5

You can, but probably shouldn't. It usually goes on Schedule C if it's considered non-employee compensation.

If it's "other" it goes on line 21, and if it's rents, it goes on Schedule E.

Snipes

suzerene

I cannot figure out how to report it on schedule C. I am using Turbo Tax. Please help. I cannot get help from Turbo Tax without paying more (which is rediculous).

Snipes5

You can get instructions for Schedule C from www.irs.gov.

If you can't figure it out on your own, this might be the time to get professional tax assistance.

It's really too much to explain on a message board.

Snipes

suzerene

It's not that I couldn't figure out where to put it on schedule C, it's that I couldn't figure out where to put it in TURBO TAX! There was no need to be such a jerk about it. I am an accountant! I did end up calling the tech support with turbo tax and they confirmed what I had already figured out. It didn't go on schedule C at all! Maybe it's you that needs professional tax assistance!

Snipes5

I said it USUALLY goes on Schedule C. Next time read ALL my comments before you go accusing me of being stupid.

This is a site for tax advice, not a place to get help with tax software.

Snipes

suzerene

I apologize. I never said you were stupid nor did I think you were. I felt like you thought I was.

I suppose you're right. This was not the place to ask for Turbo Tax help.

Have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">