• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 5405 Homebuyer Credit 2009,2010

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpchy99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

If I qualify for the Homebuyer Credit (form 5405) but will not move into my newly constructed house until May, are there other acceptable documentation I can submit with my 2009 tax return by April 15? Otherwise, do I need to file an extension and wait until I receive a settlement statement or occupancy cert. in May to submit my 2009 tax return?

Thanks for any advice.

tranquility

I think you'll have to extend. You're cutting things close and while I'd like to say a copy of the binding contract is enough, that really wouldn't show you successfully met the requirements.

Stay on the builders as if things get pushed back or problems develop, you could lose the credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">