• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 668, Notice of Federal Tax Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eeday

I have a copy of Form 668 (Y) (c), Rev. August 1997, which states that I five different tax liens against me, and it states how much. Column (e) is titled Last Day for Refiling.

In the box on this form it states: IMPORTANT RELEASE INFORMATION: For each assessment listed below, unless notice of lien is refiled by the date given in colum (3), this notice shall, on the day following such date, operate as a certificate of release as defined in IRC 6325(a).

My question is this: Is the date listed in that column e the last day of the lien, and therefore it expires and is released the day after this date (unless they refile by this date?). Meaning that the copy of the form can be used to show that the lien is released?

Needless to say, I'm not asking the IRS, just thought someone may know.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">