• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found Out I now owe....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

binde34

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just found out that I owe the IRS $1460. Can I make a offer to settle this? I can not come up with all that right now. Not sure what to do. I have 30 days to tell them what I plan to do. :eek:

A

absconder

Yes you can offer but most likely they will make a payment plan to pay it in full. Dont let this just go cus it will not go away. Dont lie to them when they ask you questions it can come back to HAUNT you bigtime.

LdiJ

binde34 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just found out that I owe the IRS $1460. Can I make a offer to settle this? I can not come up with all that right now. Not sure what to do. I have 30 days to tell them what I plan to do. :eek:
Is this for 2004? Or for some other year? If its for 2004 you can include a form 9465 Installment Payment Agreement with your 2004 return. If its for another year then you will need to negotiate separately to make payments.

A

absconder

When you talk to the IRS be truthful they have ways of finding out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">