• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chynna

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in a child support battle with my ex right now. My lawyer showed me the documentation received from him as a result of the discovery she ordered from him.

It contained his income tax return from 2001 thru current. On the 2001 & 2002 he claimed himself as head of household & used my daughter for his dependent. He has not seen my daughter since 1991 & I have been claiming her all these years since she lives with me.

I'm assuming he was claiming her all these years until 2003 when he got married.

Is this fraud on his part & how will I be affected from this in the future?

dallas702

Just notify the IRS if you want to create a new battle with him. Usually, the IRS computers catch the repetition of SS numbers, but maybe these slipped through. You probably should make sure the IRS knows that YOU are the legal CP since it may be discovered in the future.

Shay-Pari'e

chynna said:

I am in a child support battle with my ex right now. My lawyer showed me the documentation received from him as a result of the discovery she ordered from him.

It contained his income tax return from 2001 thru current. On the 2001 & 2002 he claimed himself as head of household & used my daughter for his dependent. He has not seen my daughter since 1991 & I have been claiming her all these years since she lives with me.

I'm assuming he was claiming her all these years until 2003 when he got married.

Is this fraud on his part & how will I be affected from this in the future?
EXCUSE ME?

Your daughter has not seen him since 1991? :rolleyes:

#1 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
chynna
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2005

Stolen Check

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a dilema with my 15 yr old. I am the managing conservator.

A wireless company called me stating that my daughter had purchased a cell phone worth $500.00 from them. The manager told me that the payment was in the form of a check & was verified & approved so it was cashed. He received a phone call from my ex-husband that the check used to purchase that phone was stolen & will press charges. My ex was told by the manager that it was his daughter who wrote the check for the merchandise. He made an arrangement with the manager that if his money was returned then he will not pursue the charges. He then gave the manager my work number to work things out or press charges against our daughter if he wants to.

The manager explained the situation to me which I knew nothing about. This happened during his court ordered weekend visitation. He told the manager that he would need to talk to me since she lived with me. The manage said that if the phone was returned to me in good condition then he too will not press charges. If the phone is in medium condition then I would have to come up with some money. I spoke to my daughter who said that the phone was bought for her now ex-boyfriend. She immediately called him about returning the phone. Her ex-boyfriend denied that he doesn't know what she's talking about & knew nothing about any cell phone.

In Texas I thought that only joint custody exist & that both parents are responsible for the child. Does my ex have the right to pawn this matter over to me even though it occurred during his weekend visitation?

dallas702

Ummmmmmmm.....something doesn't quite fit here. Want to start over "chynna"?

IF your story about the phone is half true (I suspect that you are actually the 15 yr. old), the cell phone co. is stupid and out of luck for contracting with a minor....assuming some service was put into effect with the phone. If it was an outright purchase with no contract involved, it doesn't matter who the little darling was with at the time she should be prosecuted along with her ex-bf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">