• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Alliance Act...You Can File Free Online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qheart

What is the name of your state? State of Georgia.

**DON'T FORGET.... ALMOST EVERYONE CAN NOW FILE THEIR TAXES ELECTRONICALLY, ONLINE, FOR FREE! ALL COVERS YOUR FEDERAL REFUND AND A FEW EVEN COVERS YOUR STATE. AND IF IT DOESN'T, THEY HAVE REDUCED RATES. I SAW ONE COST $4.50, TO FILE STATE, AND ONE COST $7.95, TO FILE STATE, ETC....

THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE FREE ALLIANCE ACT, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T REALIZE THIS.

JUST GO TO THE IRS WEBSITE. I BELIEVE THAT ADDRESS THERE IS: (just copy and paste the addy below into your browser)

http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/all_offers.jsp?
Or, go to http://www.irs.gov/ and do the following:

The menu on your left side of page....Click on Individual, then e-file, and then Free Filing. Just follow the links.

Make sure you pay attention though because some of the free filing sites PLAINLY tell you that you must sign-in at their site by a certain page, etc.... in order to receive the free online tax filing. If you don't, you will be charged!

Just to give you an idea of what is being offered over there....
Some give free online filing if you are military. Some allow free online tax filing if you make $30,000, I think one was more than that, and can file the 1040EZ, or just 1040. One offers free online tax filing if you make over $50,000, AND you are 50 years old, or older. I believe it was TurboTax On The Web, that said if you made either $27 or $28,000, AND could file a 1040 EZ, and also qualified for EITC, or to include filing EITC, I can't remember.

This is just a few of those that I remember. My friend just did his taxes and he decided to use Tax ACT Online. He made almost $38,000, I think, and he qualified for free Fed. filing, and only paid $7.95, to file his State tax. He filed them at the same time. Now that isn't bad at all! Mine was free also!

Check It Out!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">