• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funds owed to corp owner by WI corporation - tax deductibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcatlin

I live in Wisconsin and have a C-Corp that I am about to dissolve. I was the sole owner and until 12/31/02, I had a contract with a local county to provide services to their clients. I have been without a contract since that time and so have been inactive as a corp. Since finishing that contract, the corp has incurred necessary debts that I have, over the last 2 years, covered with loans from my own personal assets (I transferred money several times from my personal savings account into the corp checking account). These "finishing-up" expenses included a final employee payroll, accumulated employee vacation payouts, employee mileage/expense reimbursements, FUTA return, federal and state corp tax payments, accounting fees, medical deductibles/co-pays for myself, legal fees, health insur premium for myself, and liability insurance premiums.

How can I recoup these bad debts (loans from me to my corp) on my personal income tax returns? The total debt now is $9,353.

thanks for any helpful advice you have,
Jim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">