• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Geothermal Heating & Cooling Credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill18163

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.
I moved into my new home in Feb of 2009. I had geothermal heating and cooling plus on demand hot water installed that is provided by the geo unit. My system is the water to water type which is radiant heat in the floors of the house. The unit that was installed met the criteria for energy star rating which was a min 3.3COP and 14.1EER. So my question is what is the reason that I have been reading that as of Dec 1st 2009,water to water geo units now qualify for the 30% credit. The unit I had installed in early 2009 met the criteria back then. Nothing that I read in the 5695 instructions mentioned anything about differentiating between the water to air or the water to water units. It just says that if a geo unit qualifies you can take the credit. I had planned on taking the credit. Am I correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">