• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gfox53 1099A

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gfox53

I live in Florida. I was forced to forclose on 3 investment propertys (single family homes) in 2008. I received 2 1099A from the lenders. The third one I havent received.
The first one has 235K in box 2 and 221K in box 4 (FMV). Box 5 states I am liable for repayment of the the debt.
The second one has 252K in box 2 and 100.00 in box 4. Box 5 says I am not liable for repayment.
My CPA said I need to get these properties appraised as of the dates on the 1099A's. I am not sure of the reason for the appraisals. Please comment.
After the appraisals I need to prepare my taxes. I am self employed and make under 50K.
Question: Does it look like I will have to pay alot of taxes because of these 1099A's. Does it look like I might be in position to file bank rupcty? Also what about the third property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">