• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is gift from foreigner taxable to recipient?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kalara

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have several non-U.S. citizen relatives in Europe who each wish to send my husband and I $11,000 each. Since they are not subject to U.S. taxation, would we be liable for any gift tax?

If one of them sent more than $11,000 to each of us, would we be liable for gift tax?

Thank you!

pojo2

Gift tax, if any, responsibility would be theirs.

However you may get lots of questions from the governement if you start receiving all these gifts from foreigners! Homeland security.

EileenC

Will I owe taxes on a gift from a foriegner?

I live in California.

I too am due a gift from a foreigner. I have been wondering about gift takes on this. Since am the recipient, do I owe any taxes?

I have relatives in other countries who have named me in their will. Do I pay any taxes on this inheritance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">