• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1-B tax return doubt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny_2005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Hi...I am on H1-B visa in the US from feb.2007. My wife is on her H4. I understand I have to file for her ITIN along with my federal tax returns. Also, though my employer is in IL, i am working at a client's place in MA. I am currently paying as per IL taxes.
My question is :

1.What happens after i file my returns and her ITIN? will IRS do my refund? how long will the entire process take? when do i file for State taxes then?

2. Will i still have to file as a resident of IL? if, yes, what would be my filing status?

3. Can I claim my moving expenses that of coming from India to IL and then, IL to MA? Is there a limit on how much I can claim?Do i need to submit any proofs?

Please advice,
Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">