• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Half year resident in 2 states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clickonline

Virginia

I lived in Kansas from Jan 1st to June 29th and in VA afterwards. I literally spent exaclty half year in both places.

1) Can i file seperately with both states as part year resident? This would entitle me a refund from both states
2) Do i need to file with VA as resident and get all my money back from KS and then pay VA?

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

LdiJ

Virginia

I lived in Kansas from Jan 1st to June 29th and in VA afterwards. I literally spent exaclty half year in both places.

1) Can i file seperately with both states as part year resident? This would entitle me a refund from both states
2) Do i need to file with VA as resident and get all my money back from KS and then pay VA?

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
You file a part year return for each state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">