• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

florida2001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi,
can somebody give me an advice what would be smart way to do.
I have small cleaning business- company Inc., working part time, making about 700$ monthly plus I have some investments in real estate. I got married in April and my husband is working for himself (maintanance and floor services). we want to pay taxes jointly and both want to pay social security in order to be eligible to get retirement one day. Would it be smart to add my husband as an owner of company? Right now he is receiving checks written on his name: if I would add him as an owner then his checks would be written on company name. What is the smart way to do? Please advice me. thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi,
can somebody give me an advice what would be smart way to do.
I have small cleaning business- company Inc., working part time, making about 700$ monthly plus I have some investments in real estate. I got married in April and my husband is working for himself (maintanance and floor services). we want to pay taxes jointly and both want to pay social security in order to be eligible to get retirement one day. Would it be smart to add my husband as an owner of company? Right now he is receiving checks written on his name: if I would add him as an owner then his checks would be written on company name. What is the smart way to do? Please advice me. thank you
There is no reason that he needs to be added to your company. He should be reporting his income on Schedule C and that gives him Social Security credits unless he always shows a loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">