• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring a maid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jusclaandus

What is the name of your state?maryland

i have been given the go ahead to hire a maid yee ha lol but my question is if i decide to put a ad in the paper and we pay someone out of our pockets how do we claim the tax decuation at the end of the year

since the person is going to be paid a source of income from us how do we not get screwed by the irs keep all the pay syubs from when we pay them and turn them over to an accountant at the end of the year will we need to do some type of w2 form for them

i'm looking at having them come in like 2 to 3 times a week for a rate of 250 every 2 weeks i'm not sure if this is to high or low yet do we have to treat them as we would a live in nanny and supply health care

is it better IRS wise to just hire a cleaning company to come in and do the work as oppose to hiring someone and paying them real checks from our account and having to keep track of what we pay them or how we pay them until the end of the year than turning them over to the accountant or would we still have to do the same thing if we hire a company and just keep the reciepts (sp?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">