• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homestead property tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiki62573

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? michigan. I am in the process of selling my home and discovered that the township I live in made a mistake on my property taxes. For the last three years I have been over paying. I was informed by the township that I will have to wait until the December review to recieve my refund. Do I have to wait or are they obligated to return my money sooner? The assessor also told me that I will not recieve a refund for 2001 and possibly 2002, I have overpaid both years. AM I not entitled to those years also since it was their mistake? Please help I could really use my money now!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">