• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaminjim

State: Kentucky

What We Have Done:

My uncle who is 80 years old of sound mind and body though two recent mini strokes has purchased a home "cash" this month $111,000 which I (nephew) shall live in and make principal only payments on a monthly basis at an agreed amount. It is intended that he will live with me should he become further disabled at some time in the future. The balance due upon his death is to be forgiven.

Questions:

1.) What steps do we take to protect this property in the event he has another stoke or other health matter that leaves him in a condition beyond my ability to care for him. For example if he would end up in a nursing home?

2.) Should we put this property in some form of "trust" while we are in this period?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

abezon

Unless he has long term care insurance, the house should be either in a trust's name or in your name (possibly with a life estate reserved for him). See an attorney or financial advisor with "wealth preservation" experience. Negotiate a flat fee!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">