• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I know if I've been levied???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arthur45

What is the name of your state? CA

I e-filed my Federal tax return through a company on the internet. I received a notice this morning that my return was accepted by the IRS and I was given a DCN number. What I would like to know is, if they were going to take money out of my check for back taxes from the state, would they have notified me, or will I not know until the deposit is made into my account. Right after I e-filed my return I received a notice from the state of California saying that I owed back taxes from 1989. I have never had anything deducted from my refunds, but I'm wondering now if they will or not. Is there anyway to tell? Thank you for your time .

Snipes5

You may be notified of any garnishment with your IRS acknowledgement. If not, it is probably a pretty safe bet that you'll receive your refund as scheduled.

You can call the IRS to find out if there is a lien of some sort against your refund.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">