• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How is this reported

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taxhelpplease12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

SWIM- someone who isn't me

I have a hypothetical question, lets say SWIM occasionally dances at a bar and when its time for payment SWIM sometimes is written a check or paid cash.
Depending on the bar sometimes they may or may not take a copy of the drivers license and there is never any social security number taken. How do they report this to IRS? Do they report this IRS? What is to stop SWIM from not reporting this income?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

SWIM- someone who isn't me

I have a hypothetical question, lets say SWIM occasionally dances at a bar and when its time for payment SWIM sometimes is written a check or paid cash.
Depending on the bar sometimes they may or may not take a copy of the drivers license and there is never any social security number taken. How do they report this to IRS? Do they report this IRS? What is to stop SWIM from not reporting this income?
We don't do hypotheticals.

single317dad

- Personally, I hate the 'SWIM' acronym. You won't avoid the IRS (or the DEA, who was the original agency to be avoided when some genius thought up 'SWIM') by pretending you're not yourself on internet forums.

- Strip clubs are shady places to work. Without even considering all the prostitution, theft, drug use, and DUI activity originating in them, the employees are almost always paid and worked illegally. Most of them get away with it, and you probably will too, but there's a slim chance you'll get caught, in which case you'll wish you hadn't skirted the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">