• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to tell if someone you know is comitting tax fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SMC08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri:
There is someone I know that hasn't filed taxes for 4+ yrs. I know that for two of those years they were being 1099. First question is, are they committing tax fraud? Second, I could I turn them in without anyone knowing I did it?

Antigone*

There is someone I know that hasn't filed taxes for 4+ yrs. I know that for two of those years they were being 1099. First question is, are they committing tax fraud? Second, I could I turn them in without anyone knowing I did it?
... And this affects you how :confused:

Mass_Shyster

From the IRS website:

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:
And to answer the other question, this affects every taxpayer. I'm sick of carrying deadbeats.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">