• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am married to an illegal alien who does not have income. How do I file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stargir1e333

I am married to an illegal alien who has no income and I support. How do I file my taxes to get the greatest return? File jointly, seperately, or can I claim him if I am head of household? I can get him an ITIN so that isn't an issue. I think I read that he doesn't qualify for the EIC so would it be better to do me as head of household? Help!

LdiJ

I am married to an illegal alien who has no income and I support. How do I file my taxes to get the greatest return? File jointly, seperately, or can I claim him if I am head of household? I can get him an ITIN so that isn't an issue. I think I read that he doesn't qualify for the EIC so would it be better to do me as head of household? Help!
You are married, therefore it would be extremely illegal for you to claim head of household.

You would file a joint return with him, you can apply for the ITIN number with the joint return. Its also correct that you will not qualify for EIC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">