• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got a notice for the IRS.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blau

What is the name of your state? ca

I got a notice for the IRS. They want me to provide form that support the wage or withholding entry of $XX.XX on line 7 of, form 1040 (ie W-2, W-2G, 1099-R) ect.

My account file my return e-return. He is out of town on vacation.

I worked for multiple companies during the year. But my question is shouldn't they have this already?

Is this somewhat normal for them to request it, the w-2's. I am worry there are more stuff to come for the IRS?

thanks
blau

seniorjudge

Q: I worked for multiple companies during the year. But my question is shouldn't they have this already?

A: Apparently they do not.

Q: Is this somewhat normal for them to request it, the w-2's.

A: I have never noticed the IRS doing anything normal.

Q: I am worry there are more stuff to come for the IRS?

A: Yes.

Some Random Guy

I suggest that you have your accountant handle this and send you copies of everything he sends to the IRS.

If for some reason your accountant is unavailable and you absolutely have to talk to the IRS directly, give them the information they request, but don't offer anything else. It may be as simple as a w-2 not being attached properly, but youdon't want to open up a new can of worms by adding new information like working for several companies and some withheld dollars but others did not.

Pub590

If any of you W-2s 1099s etc has any federal income tax withheld they need to be sent in with the return to prove the withholding on line 64 of 1040 or 38 of 1040A. IRS is probably reqeusting these to prove what was these lines.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? ca

I got a notice for the IRS. They want me to provide form that support the wage or withholding entry of $XX.XX on line 7 of, form 1040 (ie W-2, W-2G, 1099-R) ect.

My account file my return e-return. He is out of town on vacation.

I worked for multiple companies during the year. But my question is shouldn't they have this already?

Is this somewhat normal for them to request it, the w-2's. I am worry there are more stuff to come for the IRS?

thanks
blau

You have been selected for a mini-audit. You filed electronically therefore the IRS did not receive hard copies of the forms with your return. Yes, they have them, but it would take a year or more to match them up with your return, so they are asking you to provide them now. Just send them the forms they requested along with a copy of the letter they sent you. As long as the numbers all add up, its no biggie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">