• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I haven't filed my taxes in 10 yrs. Should I file last years taxes at the very least?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txtxtx

I want to resolve all 10 years taxes a.s.a.p. but since the deadline for last years is today , should I file them or file an extension and then get all 10 years done at the same time ?

tranquility

Your uncle always likes to hear from you. Go ahead and file. There is not going to be an advantage to anything to wait. (Unless you have a more complex situation with things like NOLs and the need to file forms to establish some information issues.)

But, with filing taking so long, I'd see a tax professional to talk with the irs when the letters come. You don't want to risk any criminal sanctions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">