• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if i won?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmihotz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?colorado,i have been notified that i have won 1 million dollars from a firm in london. i find this to good to be true,but it seems to be legitiment. just to pretend it is would i have to pay taxes on it? as it is a winning from a contest in the uk. i dont have a clue and am not really beleiven it until i get the first check in a bank account and it clears. anyway can you tell me what the tax law is on this thanks joann

Snipes5

Did you enter a contest, or did they just contact you somehow, tell you you'd won, and ask for your bank account number so they could make a "deposit" of your "winnings"?

And yes, it is taxable. It would be taxed at approximately 35%.

Snipe

jmihotz

yes

Snipes5 said:
Did you enter a contest, or did they just contact you somehow, tell you you'd won, and ask for your bank account number so they could make a "deposit" of your "winnings"?

And yes, it is taxable. It would be taxed at approximately 35%.

Snipe
they said it was a cintest from java software.but no they have not asked me for a bank account info or any personel info other then my name they say a check will be courriored to me once a month for ten moths in the amount of 100,000 a month. i still think its a scam to but it is coming from london england and they have not asked me for any info.anyway thanks for your reply snipe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">