• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois S corp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kismo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I am part of a small family owned sign company. For a number of years, we paid sale tax and payroll tax for one person. For the last 2 years, we have not done anything with the business (sales), paid no taxes, did not renew the annual report, and did not file a return for this period. The state shows the company as "Dissolved".
We want to start the business back up, but are not sure if we need to start a new company or reactivate this one. Which is the best way to go. Would using the same company name trigger audits or other problems?
The company in its best year grossed a little over 100k in sales.

davidmcbeth3

The state says its dissolved? Then you had to have filed papers to this effect.

I think opening up a new one with the same name would not cause any red flags...it would be a different company.

davew128

The state says its dissolved? Then you had to have filed papers to this effect.
:rolleyes: Ever heard of administrative dissolution?

I think opening up a new one with the same name would not cause any red flags...it would be a different company.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:As opposed to getting the old one reinstated. Do us all a favor and stick to something you know. Whatever that might be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">