• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inaccurate W2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaliGirl76

What is the name of your state? CA

I received a W2 from my 2nd job which I only worked 6 months of last year. There was a total of $4.66 taken out for Federal and nothing taken out for state. I only made $11,000 at this job. I made approximately $30,000 at my primary job. I claim 5 exemptions at both jobs. There were significant deductions reflected on my W2 from my first job. There was money taken out every pay period. I did not notice this until I went to get my taxes prepared. I have called my employer and notified the accounting department of this situation which I believe to be an error. They are now giving me a hard time about correcting it. Saying they have already paid me the compensation so there is nothing they can do. If I claimed 5 on my W4 how is it possible that they did not take the appropriate amount out. And if in fact they did make an error what can I do to make sure I get a corrected W2?

Last edited:

anteater

Less than $2,000 per month. 5 withholding allowances claimed.

Without looking it up and calculating, $5 withholidng doesn't sound too far off.

If you wanted more withheld, you should claim fewer allowances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">