• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income before entering US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kinkat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Hello members,

I will be entering US on L1 visa from UAE and I will receive regular salary in US

1. My UAE income, before entering US; will it be considered taxable in US?
2. If I transfer my UAE income (above 10,000 USD) via bank transfer, is this taxable?
3. I will be receiving rental income during 2015 form UAE (there are no tax there), do I have to declare it for US tax along with my salary?

Many thanks !

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Hello members,

I will be entering US on L1 visa from UAE and I will receive regular salary in US

1. My UAE income, before entering US; will it be considered taxable in US?
2. If I transfer my UAE income (above 10,000 USD) via bank transfer, is this taxable?
3. I will be receiving rental income during 2015 form UAE (there are no tax there), do I have to declare it for US tax along with my salary?

Many thanks !
Unless you become a legal resident (green card holder) of the US, your foreign income is not taxable in the US.

kinkat

Unless you become a legal resident (green card holder) of the US, your foreign income is not taxable in the US.
Thanks for quick reply :)

Should I take any precaution while transferring my rental income from UAE to US?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">