• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Tax for Side job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

computerworx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I would like to know if you need to declare as Income when you help a friend fixed his computer and he pay you for doing it, This is not a regular basis you only do it thru a friend referral. I ask this question because I just want to know the correct way to do it because apprximately at least once every 2 weeks that I help fixed someone else computer and averaging like $100 a month extra income but not all the time sometimes there are months that I didnt fixed any computer. Does it really matters for IRS or You are exempted from this type of income?

tranquility

Yes it's income. It should be reported on schedule C with any losses earning the money applied to it.

Since you aren't getting over $600 a year from a single person, unless you are audited and the IRS does a "T" account with your income and outfloow, they will probably never know you are getting the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">