• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Tax law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swes

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

Does Indiana have a statute of limitations for unpaid witholding tax and unpaid sales tax...going back 15 years?

My grandfather owned a company and died in 1990...my parents worked for him and they, along with my grandmother, were "officers" of the company. My grandfather owed a significant amount of money of which my family was not aware until his death. My parents settled with the IRS and the state of Indiana settled with my grandmother. Now Indiana is cleaning house and all three received an amnesty offer in the mail today. My grandmother already has a payment plan with the state, but my parents were told by their attorney back in 1991 the state was satisfied during the IRS settlement...they have no formal agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">