• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheritance tax return resident decendent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JBay100308

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
In determining settlement to the heir's of an estate sale, is a REV-1500 Inheritance Tax Return resident decendent document the final figures in which the heir's will receive settlement from the sale of the estate after depts are paid? After filing this tax return the lawyer handling my mothers estate is now saying these figures are not the figures that determine settlement to me and my siblings.He is saying that the settlement agent's figures are the figures that determine the amount to distribute to the heirs,which is ten thousand dollars less. The numbers just dont add up.The tax return documents and the settlement agents numbers are very different. Does this sound correct? Thank You

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
In determining settlement to the heir's of an estate sale, is a REV-1500 Inheritance Tax Return resident decendent document the final figures in which the heir's will receive settlement from the sale of the estate after depts are paid? After filing this tax return the lawyer handling my mothers estate is now saying these figures are not the figures that determine settlement to me and my siblings.He is saying that the settlement agent's figures are the figures that determine the amount to distribute to the heirs,which is ten thousand dollars less. The numbers just dont add up.The tax return documents and the settlement agents numbers are very different. Does this sound correct? Thank You
You really need to take the paperwork to an attorney of your own for an opinion. However its possible that the end figures are net of tax, and net of the fees to the attorney and the executor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">