• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimfosnight

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live and own a business in the state of Indiana. I would like to know if I am suppose to be collecting sales tax on my sales from internet sites. To be more clear, we manufacture ammunition and sell it on sites such as gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com. We have sales all over the country. Do I owe Indiana any tax on these sales.

Some Random Guy

You are required to collect sales tax for any state or local taxing district in which you have a nexus (generally meaning a physical presence).

So yes, you should have been collecting Indiana taxes on all transactions delivered to Indiana addresses. Contact a tax professional to find out how to pay these taxes that you failed to collect.

But be prepared for the future, since there is a push to change the law and have you collect taxes for all 50 states.

Internet Sales Tax Fairness | The New Rules Project

jgombos

When it gets to a point where interstate sales are taxed, will everyone be shopping from *.ca sites then? Does Canada tax exports?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">