• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRA's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FLAtoNC1717

I'm trying to find out if an individual is allowed to contribute to more than one IRA; say a Roth and a Traditional, or more than one Roth, or more than one Traditional. ty.

Snipes5

You can have as many accounts as you like, but total contributions overall can only be $4000 if you are under 50 and $4500 if you are over 50.

Snipes

Snipes5

Yes, that's for 06. I was thinking 05 since that is technically still "open" until April 17.

Snipes

anteater

Snipes5 said:
Yes, that's for 06. I was thinking 05 since that is technically still "open" until April 17.

Snipes
True enough.

I guess the calendar begins to look a bit different when you are doing taxes for scores of people. :D

FLAtoNC1717

Thanks.

I see. So, one may have several IRA's in various banks or institutions, as long as you don't exceed your max. contribution. I am clear on that now. Thank you for your replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">