• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS collection agent harassing me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avolp777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I wish to know why this IRS agent continues to call me asking for this 433-A form (Collection Information Statement for wage earners) after shehas already seen and knows that I have filed for bankruptcy and all the information she would want is there. I had been told that i do not have to file this form but she keeps calling me about it and I'm afraid that if I do nothing she will make my life a living hell....what can i do about this? I just want her to stop and leave me alone...

Some Random Guy

shehas already seen and knows that I have filed for bankruptcy and all the information she would want is there.
You're serious when you say that the IRS should fill out your forms for you?

Do you want them to sign the forms for you too? You know, that litle signature box beneath the text that says, "Under penalties of perjury, I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief this statement of assets, liabilities, and other information is true, correct, and complete."

Not all taxes may be discharged in bankruptcy. You say that you were told by someone that you do not have to fill out the form. Who is that someone (CPA, attorney) and why haven't they contacted the IRS on your behalf to get this issue resolved?

I just want her to stop and leave me alone...
Its a simple 6 page form and you claim to already have all of the info needed to fill it out. What's the real issue here?

davew128

You're serious when you say that the IRS should fill out your forms for you?

Do you want them to sign the forms for you too? You know, that litle signature box beneath the text that says, "Under penalties of perjury, I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief this statement of assets, liabilities, and other information is true, correct, and complete."

Not all taxes may be discharged in bankruptcy. You say that you were told by someone that you do not have to fill out the form. Who is that someone (CPA, attorney) and why haven't they contacted the IRS on your behalf to get this issue resolved?

Its a simple 6 page form and you claim to already have all of the info needed to fill it out. What's the real issue here?
Rather than berating the OP, it would help if you were, well, right about any of your pathetic rant. Filing a bankruptcy petition initiates an automatic stay of IRS collection activity. That means the OP has no obligation to prepare and submit a 433-A to ANY revenue officer even if the debt is not dischargeable.

LdiJ

Rather than berating the OP, it would help if you were, well, right about any of your pathetic rant. Filing a bankruptcy petition initiates an automatic stay of IRS collection activity. That means the OP has no obligation to prepare and submit a 433-A to ANY revenue officer even if the debt is not dischargeable.
In addition, since the IRS is supposed to stay any collection activity, the agent's behavior is inappropriate. OP, have you specifically stated to this agent that you are currently in bankruptcy and the IRS has been notified?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">