• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irs denied 8000 tax credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christine1977

Any help apreciated! We recived a letter saying our first time homebuyers credit was denied. We contacted jackson hewitt (our tax pll) and thought it was because mortgage intrest was claimed in 2009 on a timeshare. The irs suggested we write a letter and I would like to enclose our taxes and deed 4 the timeshare to prove this to them. Can I just write to them and send the info id like them to see? The letter says we have to have an attorney and go to court to appeal the decision. Thanks if u have advice

Last edited:

swalsh411

There are a number of reasons why you may have been denied the credit, and depending on the reason you may or may not be successful appealing the decision. Before proceeding further you should determine exactly why, not just what Jackson Hewitt thinks is the reason. The IRS should also be able to tell you, although I would wait for the shutdown debacle to blow over before attempting to call them.

LdiJ

There are a number of reasons why you may have been denied the credit, and depending on the reason you may or may not be successful appealing the decision. Before proceeding further you should determine exactly why, not just what Jackson Hewitt thinks is the reason. The IRS should also be able to tell you, although I would wait for the shutdown debacle to blow over before attempting to call them.
The letter should spell out exactly why the first time homebuyer credit was denied.

If the situation is as the OP explained, then a letter to the IRS, with an amended return and all of the documentation to prove the right to the claim, should work....or at least it has worked for our firm about 50 - 75 times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">