• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS guidelines.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whyme495

What is the name of your state? GA
"Of course the IRS has internal guidelines.
They randomly select taxpayers for audits, based on specific "red flags" that appear on the tax returns....and based on whatever specific issue that they want to address. I know that right now one of their main focuses is on EIC fraud.
The are often quite harsh with high profile taxpayers. The purpose of that is to set an example for everyone else."

Does anyone know what the IRS guidelines are?

weenor

whyme495 said:
What is the name of your state? GA
"Of course the IRS has internal guidelines.
They randomly select taxpayers for audits, based on specific "red flags" that appear on the tax returns....and based on whatever specific issue that they want to address. I know that right now one of their main focuses is on EIC fraud.
The are often quite harsh with high profile taxpayers. The purpose of that is to set an example for everyone else."

Does anyone know what the IRS guidelines are?

go to www.irs.gov I believe the tax section of the Code of Federal Regulations can be found there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">