• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irs need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

junk2017

I claim child credit on my kids with the approval of the mother who has custody and noone else claimed them but me. I sent the affidevent signed by the mother and a DNA test result and the IRS still want me to show residency.
I don't how to show this since the mother by law has custody. what can i do? I need help

davew128

I claim child credit on my kids with the approval of the mother who has custody and noone else claimed them but me. I sent the affidevent signed by the mother
Irrelevant
and a DNA test result
You should have sent a semen sample while you were at it. :rolleyes:

and the IRS still want me to show residency. I don't how to show this since the mother by law has custody. what can i do? I need help
Sounds to me like you never attached Form 8332 like you were required to do to begin with....residency is about as relevant as your DNA sample and I can only imagine the look on the eyes of whomever opened your mail at the campus and I don't want to know in what form your sample arrived as.

LdiJ

I claim child credit on my kids with the approval of the mother who has custody and noone else claimed them but me. I sent the affidevent signed by the mother and a DNA test result and the IRS still want me to show residency.
I don't how to show this since the mother by law has custody. what can i do? I need help
If you sent in form 8332, or an affidavit that was equivalent to form 8332, then there should be no reason that the IRS would be asking you to prove residency, unless you also claimed EIC or the child care credit, which depend upon residency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">