• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cat1355

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas

What legal course of action can I take to stop IRS wage garnishments, property and bank liens?

The IRS has garnished my wages for the last several months. They’re will not except a payment that I can afford to pay my back taxes; they insist that my payment must be at least $2800 a month. That leaves my wife and I not enough to make mortgage, school loan payments etc, etc.

davew128

Texas

What legal course of action can I take to stop IRS wage garnishments, property and bank liens?

The IRS has garnished my wages for the last several months. They’re will not except a payment that I can afford to pay my back taxes; they insist that my payment must be at least $2800 a month. That leaves my wife and I not enough to make mortgage, school loan payments etc, etc.
What did they say when you returned a completed Form 433 to them? And what did they say when you appealed the collection due process?

LdiJ

Texas

If they want that much per month, then your balance due is well over 100k. For that kind of situation you need a tax attorney, not advice from an internet message forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">